“Business leaders around the world have declared that China is no longer the world’s number one place to invest; America is”, President Obama affirmed in the 2014 State of the Union Address. In fact, the United States for the second year in a row ranks number one in the 2014 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index. The index is a list of countries where corporate executives say they are most likely to direct their foreign investment dollars: 49 per cent of the surveyed business executives have a positive view of the US and are confident in the strength of its economic recovery.
The United States is the world’s largest economy boasting a GDP of over $16 trillion and a population and consumer market of more than 317 million people. With a business friendly environment, a flexible labour force, low energy prices and solid industries, the US is a thriving market offering investors a wealth of opportunities.
With all the opportunities, however, there are also challenges to potential investors. Unlike many countries, the US is a nation of 50 separate states that have their own state and local regulations that require a healthy knowledge of tax, commercial, and labour laws.
For more than four decades, the Council of American States in Europe (CASE) has served as a resource and a bridge into the US marketplace for the many European and global firms who have sought to learn more about doing business in the United States.
The official state-supported organisation in Europe comprises of 16 states with full-time offices in different European countries, which work to promote and highlight the benefits of considering the United States as a key investment destination.
With its local knowledge and network of experienced professionals, CASE is a valuable partner for any new investor.
• Identification of the most suitable investment opportunities for your company
• Professional assistance in the business site selection process
• Introduction to job creation and investment incentives and local business networks
• Detailed information on industry sectors and operating costs
• Access to technical and workforce training programmes
• Organisation of administrative and legal support
• Introduction to our network of qualifi ed service providers
• Individually tailored information packages
• All services are free, confidential and without any obligations
• An international team in your area
• A soft landing in the United States providing the best location for your company